St. Croix Wetland Management District Maps
Click on the WPA to view a detailed map.
FISHING OPPORTUNITIES ON WATERFOWL PRODUCTION AREAS
General Regulations for Waterfowl Production Areas
· No entry fees
· Public use is prohibited from dusk to dawn, except for hunting in accordance with state laws
· Dogs are welcome but must be leashed unless hunting within a designated season
· Visitors are welcomed and are not required to stay on established road and trails
· Berry and mushroom collecting is limited to personal consumption
· Collection of artifacts is prohibited
· We allow motorized vehicles only on public roads and parking areas
· Please note that restrooms are not available on the areas
NOT PERMITTED: Motorized vehicles, gas and electric boat motors, bikes, horses, fires, camping, commercial enterprises, target shooting, geocaching and dog training.
Hunting Regulations for Waterfowl Production Areas
Waterfowl Production Areas are open to hunting, fishing and trapping subject to all applicable federal and state laws, except where posted with "Closed to Public Hunting" signs.
In addition to the general regulations above:
· Placement of bait and hunting over bait is prohibited
· Non-toxic shot is required for ALL hunting (does not apply to rifle bullets or shotgun slugs)
· Blinds, tree stands and cameras must be removed daily. Damage to trees and vegetation is prohibited, including cutting shooting lanes and the use of screw-in tree steps and stands
· Possession or use of alcoholic beverages while hunting is prohibited
· Shining or spotlighting wildlife is prohibited
· We allow the use of hunting dogs, provided the dog is under the immediate control of the hunter at all times
Oak Ridge Waterfowl Production area is closed to hunting from the opening day of waterfowl season until the 1st Saturday in December EXCEPT deer hunting during regular archery, gun and muzzleloader seasons.
Designated portions of St. Croix Prairie WPA and Prairie Flats South WPA are closed around the office and shop facilities.